Early Years in Middlesbrough
Middlesbrough Council has an Early Years Strategy in place which outlines its plans for Early Years delivery.
You can download the strategy here.
Middlesbrough’s nursery readiness definition:
“We believe in Middlesbrough that nursery ready children are curious, confident and co-operative. Supported by family, professionals and community,
our children are able to flourish and reach their optimal potential.”
To help our children become nursery ready, we will work with you to make sure they can achieve the following steps:
To help our children reach their maximum potential, Middlesbrough Council’s School Readiness team will support its Private, Voluntary and Independent sector (including childminders) by:
- Supporting settings who are at risk of slipping from a ‘Good’ Ofsted judgement
- Offering a relevant and appropriate CPD programme – please check the ‘Events’ section for upcoming training opportunities
- Carrying out safeguarding audits on all settings
- Support on how to access funded childcare in Middlesbrough
- Links with local Children’s centre sites
To access information on funded childcare and local Children’s centre sites, please visit: www.middlesbrough.gov.uk/fsd
For any other support contact Racheal_bell@middlesbrough.gov.uk