Barnardo's Fostering and Adoption North East
Independent fostering and adoption agency.
Barnardo's offers all types of foster care; long-term, short-term, short break care, emergency and temporary placements, as well as adoption and early permanency (concurrency and foster to adopt).
- Permanent, long-term, short-term, temporary, emergency fostering for all children including disabled children.
- Therapeutic placements.
- Parent and child placements.
- Short break care for all children and young people, including disabled children.
- BME (black and minority ethnics) fostering and adoption.
- Fostering/adoption for large sibling groups.
- Specialist placements for children/young people who are sexually exploited.
- Remand fostering.
- Early permanency (concurrency and foster to adopt).
- Comprehensive and ongoing training and specialist advice.
- Nationwide and regional matching and family finding.
- Access to a clinical psychologist.
- One-to-one group support.
- Fostering allowance available.
- UK leading children's charity.
Who to contact
Where to go
1, Lumley Court
Drum Industrial Estate
- DH2 1AN
The entire North East. LA areas include Northumberland, North Tyneside, South Tyneside, Gateshead, Newcastle, Sunderland, Durham, Darlington, Middlesbrough, Hartlepool, Stockton, Redcar
Time / Date Details
- When is it on
- MOnday - Friday: 9.00am - 5.00pm
- To be agreed. Spot purchase can be arranged.
- Age Ranges
- All children and young people up to the age of 18 (older for children with disabilities) Age criteria for applicants to foster or adopt is 21.
- Referral Details
All referrals are accepted and can be emailed to email@example.com or can be telephoned in to 0191 492 9000