The Child Exploitation and Online Protection Centre
CEOP is the UK's national law enforcement agency committed to tackling the sexual abuse of children in both the online and offline environments - with the principal aim of identifying, locating and safeguarding children and young people from harm.
CEOP is the lead national agency for missing children issues and provides services in the following areas:
- supporting local forces in cases where children go missing within the UK
- responds to and co-ordinates the UK law enforcement response to finding a child in complex cases where children may have gone missing or been abducted (UK and abroad)
- education, raising awareness and delivering prevention messages
- developing strategic knowledge of missing children
- offering professional development courses on missing children
- CEOP manages the Missing Kids website where cases are uploaded following a referral for publicity to the charity Missing People.
- The Missing Kids website provides advice in relation to missing children issues and links to the 116 000 number that is also a source of advice and support 24 hours a day. Website: Home - Missing People
- CEOP manages the Child Rescue Alert system
For further information on the services provided by CEOP, please call 0870 000 3344.
Who to contact
Where to go
33, Vauxhall Bridge Road
- SW1V 2WG
- View SW1V 2WG on a map
National. International where necessary.
Time / Date Details
- When is it on
- Monday – Friday: 9.00am – 5.00pm
- Age Ranges
- Dependant on service required
- Referral Details
If your child is missing or has run away from home, contact your local police force immediately by calling 101. In an emergency dial 999.