DYSPRAXIA SUPPORT GROUP TEESSIDE
Dyspraxia Support Group Teesside arranges regular sessions and workshops for adults, parents & children with dyspraxia. The project runs under the umbrella of Roseberry Community Consortium, a local Teesside based charity helping disadvantaged groups of young people across the region.
Due to current covid 19 situation, we will be delivering our sessions and workshops via online. We are following government guidelines.
Dyspraxia is a specific disorder affecting activities that require co-ordination. 10% of the UK population is affected by the condition. This includes %
It can have impact on the following
- Balance & co-ordination
- Organization & planning skills
- Social skills
- Education skills: Handwriting, homework, spelling & grammar and slow in doing tasks
- Employment: Slow in following instructions and lack of support from employers
- Social skills: Misunderstood often by peers
- Emotional difficulties: Meltdowns and frustrations
- Mental Health issue: Anxiety, stress and depression
What does Dyspraxia Support Group Teesside offer?
- Two support groups: parents & children and adults with dyspraxia
- Free workshops based on specific issues affecting dyspraxic individuals (life skills, jobs, handwriting, spelling & grammar, creative)
- Social activities like quizzes and group activities
- Talk to professional for obtaining advice and support (occupational therapist, job coaches, dyspraxic celebrities)
- One to one session running every Friday
- Work experience for 13 to 25 years old who have dyspraxia
- Training local organisations about dyspraxia
Goals for 2021
- Run workshops for adults with dyspraxia (life skills, counselling on mental health, creative, quizzes,)
- Run home schooling for children with dyspraxia (handwriting, spelling & grammar, education strategies, creative, advice & support) and we will also do online co-ordination workshops
- Continue offering online work experience for 13 to 25 years old who have dyspraxia
Testimonials about the group
"Well this group has helped me to find new friends who understand my special needs who I can talk to about my problems without feeling out of place. Plus we do activities together."
“It was brilliant thank you so much. I learned more tonight about dyspraxia than I have learnt in the last 6 month's.”
What we are looking for?
To register as a member, you need browse through our website www.dyspraxiasupport.org and go to about us. Our forthcoming activities are arranged on www.dyspraxiasupport.org and click on dates for diary.
Please help us spread awareness about the group and help us new members to join our groups.
Who to contact
- Contact Name
- PRITTHIJIT DATTA
- Contact Position
- PROJECT MANAGER
Where to go
- ROSEBERRY COMMUNITY CONSORTIUM
78 SKINNER STREET
- TS18 1EG
Time / Date Details
- When is it on
- Details available about sessions on www.dyspraxiasupport.org and go on dates for diary