North East Autism Society
For over 35 years we've led the way in providing specialist care, education and services for children, young people and adults with autism, across the North-east of England.
Recognised for our innovation and excellence, everything we do stems from an unswerving belief in providing bespoke person-centred support. It’s at the heart of who we are to recognise the uniqueness of every human being, and to understand that as a spectrum condition no two people with autism will have the same needs or wants.
We passionately believe that children and adults with autism have significant skills and strengths, which can be developed throughout their lifetime. Our approach aims to support individuals with autism to participate in society as independent and valued citizens, enjoying equal rights and opportunities but also enriching the world around them.
Our list of services are as follows: -
- Specialist education for children aged 4-19 yrs.
- Thornbeck College, independent specialist college 16-25 yrs.
- Family Support
- Adults Residential Care
- Children's Residential Care
- Supported Living
- Short Breaks (adults and children)
- Social and vocational training
- Employment Futures (employment service)
- Autism and Neurodiversity Academy (ANDA)
- Free services include: toddler groups, parents/carers support group and family networking (online advice and support).
Who to contact
Where to go
- North East Autism Society
Drum Industrial Estate
- DH2 1AN
- View DH2 1AN on a map
- Local Offer Age Bands
5 -11 Years
11 -16 Years
16 -19 Years
- SEN Provision Type