Life Skills - Your Way to Wellbeing
Wildlife Workshops and Volunteering for Health and Wellbeing
Life Skills is a three-year project funded by the Big Lottery’s Reaching Communities Fund. The project will deliver 11 programmes of nature-based activities, conservation volunteering, crafts and skills workshops between 2015 and 2018 for 130 people in Middlesbrough, Redcar and Stockton-on-Tees. The programmes are flexible; each one consisting of 22 sessions (usually twice weekly over 12 weeks) delivered for up to 12 people who face barriers in their everyday lives due to their health and/or wellbeing. People may attend with support if needed*.
Life Skills participants will:
– Become more engaged in their communities, less isolated, make new friends and work as part of a team
– Have lower stress and anxiety levels, better moods and get fitter – all natural benefits of being outdoors in green spaces
– Gain confidence, independence and increase self-esteem from their achievements and our supportive environment
- Gain new and transferable skills and knowledge, achieving awards and practical work experience
Workshops take place at our base at Margrove Heritage Centre just outside Guisbrough, and at many of our 15 nature reserves across the Tees Valley (we offer a minibus pick up service for participants). The sessions include:
Dry Stone Walling
The programme also includes the chance for everyone taking part to achieve awards, build a portfolio of their experiences and design new projects with us.
*Please note that Tees Valley Wildlife Trust offers support for individuals to learn new skills and personal development, but cannot offer specialist one-on-one support for service users. We welcome support workers or carers on this programme.
Who to contact
Where to go
- Tees Valley Wildlife Trust
Margrove Heritage Centre
Redcar and Cleveland
- TS12 3BZ
Time / Date Details
- When is it on
- Sessions run Mondays and either Thursday or Fridays (depending on people's availability) between 8:45am and 4.00pm. Please contact us for start dates.
- Time of day
- Session Information
Programmes start every 12 weeks until April 2018. Participants will need warm clothes
a packed lunch
drink and a positive attitude!
- Table of costs
Table of costs Amount Cost Type 0 Per day
- Each person can take part in one 12-week programme for free.