Playing for Real Ltd
Play therapy for children and young people aged 3-18 who may have or be suffering with emotional distress.
Services offered include:
- One to one individual play therapy sessions, Structured play therapy sessions with integrated techniques for children displaying concerning or harmful behaviours
- Joint play therapy sessions with siblings and parents/carers
- Consultation and assessment to mums, dads, carers and professionals with regards to children's development, trauma, understanding children's emotions, managing challenging behaviour, and attachment issues
- Training and workshops on communicating with children and young people, child abuse, child development and play therapy
- Comprehensive play therapy assessments, advocating and promoting the rights of the child and providing an opinion for the courts in both criminal and care proceedings, Support to children and families seeking asylum and fleeing from violence, advocating for children in tribunal hearings .
Any child/young person or family who may have experienced bereavement/loss of relationships, parental separation, anger management, children who are ill/disabled and/or their siblings, children who have witnessed or been subject to domestic violence, children of parents with mental health difficulties, children/young people who may or have experienced any form of abuse or neglect.
Who to contact
- Contact Name
- Nicola Hannar
- Contact Position
- 07803 612 159
Where to go
Play therapy generally takes place in schools and childrens centres and occasionally family homes, as these are the places that children tend to feel safe and secure.
Time / Date Details
- When is it on
- Monday - Friday: 9.00am - 5.00pm
- Age Ranges
- 3 - 18 years
- Referral required
- Referral Details
Contact Nicola directly to discuss if a referral would be appropriate for play therapy.
Children with special educational needs/disabilities are able to access play therapy as a practical medium specific to their needs to explore their thoughts and feelings.