Harbour - Middlesbrough Refuge
Harbour Middlesbrough Refuge provides accommodation (14 self contained flats with 1,2 or 3 bedrooms) for women and children who have left an abusive partner. Harbour Middlesbrough Refuge also contains a room to accommodate emergency overnight stays. The refuge can be accessed 24 hours a day and staff provide support and guidance to women and children to enable them to move on from their experiences of abuse.
Specialist provision is also available for children resident in the refuge.
Harbour's eligibility criteria are:
- The applicant must be female and 18 years or older.
- The applicant must be leaving a situation where she is experiencing domestic violence
- Where a woman presents with complex needs, Harbour must believe that it can effectively support the woman with the issues arising from the domestic violence
- The applicant cannot bring male children aged over 18 into the refuge
- The applicant should not present a risk to existing residents
- The applicant must have recourse to public funds, be self-funded or be funded through another agency.
Harbour has worked for nearly 40 years to improve the quality of life for families and individuals experiencing domestic abuse. It operates across Middlesbrough, Stockton, Hartlepool, Durham, North Tyneside, Darlington and Redcar and Cleveland. It offers refuge services, adult and children's outreach, a sexual violence counselling programme, a male perpetrators programme, and the Freedom Programme. In addition to direct support, the organisation works to educate the wider community about the issues surrounding domestic abuse by providing training to statutory and voluntary agencies.
In Middlesbrough, Harbour offers a refuge service, children and adult outreach services, a perpetrator programme and the Freedom Programme
Who to contact
Where to go
Middlesbrough, Stockton, Hartlepool, East Durham, and North Tyneside
Time / Date Details
- When is it on
- 24 hours
- Age Ranges
- 18+ years
- Referral Details
Contact the refuge for more information and referral forms