Council Tax Reduction scheme

The council also offers Council Tax Reduction (CTR) under the local Council Tax Support Scheme.

This is means-tested so the amount of help you're entitled to will depend on your savings and weekly income, as well as your household circumstances.

Council Tax Reduction isnt given automatically; you'll still need to make a claim even if you're getting benefits like Income Support or Jobseeker's Allowance or Universal Credit.

You can make a claim whether your landlord is a housing association, or a private individual, or a company. Please note, you can't normally claim if you live with a member of your family and pay them rent.

Find out more information on Middlesbrough Councils webpage

Or Make a claim online

Who to contact

Council tax pages on Middlesbrough council website
Scan to visit this website

Page last reviewed: 25/08/2020


Save to My Shortlist
Share on Facebook
Share on WhatsApp
Is this information correct?
Skip back to top of page