The School Readiness team work with families who have children aged 0 – 5 years. They link with midwifery, health and other partners to ensure that expectant parents, parents/carers and children get the best support possible to improve a child’s life outcomes and life opportunities.
Our team is committed to:
- Helping your child/children become ready for nursery and primary school via a number of means, including Children’s Centre universal activities such as baby play, stay and play, healthy child clinic’s and parenting workshops. We also offer a service to all families who work with the Family Case Work team and Family Partnership team on top tips for key early year’s stages to support your child’s development.
- Supporting parents/carers to access good quality childcare, including free early education for two, three and four year olds (achieving two year olds, nursery education grant and 30 hour entitlement). If you need further information on how to access your funding/settings click on the appropriate links above.
- Supporting childcare settings, including childminders, in terms of the quality and standard of their provision. We have staff who work closely with them on their safeguarding, policies and procedures etc. and offer support to those settings at risk of slipping from an Ofsted ‘Good’ rating.
We have two nurseries which fall within the School Readiness remit, Bright Stars at Thorntree (Ofsted Outstanding) and Stainsby at West Middlesbrough (Ofsted Good with elements of Outstanding).
Who to contact
- Middlesbrough Children's Centres
- Scan to visit this website
- Local Offer Age Bands
- Pre-Birth - 5 Years