SENDIASS - Information, Advice and Support Service
Middlesbrough's SEND Information, Advice and Support Service is provided by a local charity, MAIN. SENDIASS at MAIN offers free, confidential and impartial help for children and young people with SEN and/or Disabilities, and for their parents. SENDIASS at MAIN is here to help you make informed decisions around educational choices for children and young people with SEN. We will do our best to help with other related issues as well, such as health and social care provision.
It is very important that families are fully involved in their child's education. SENDIASS at MAIN supports parents and carers in building and maintaining positive relationships with their child's school and the Local Education Authority, so that they feel empowered and fully informed. Children and young people can also contact us directly, and are entitled to independent access to our free, confidential and impartial service.
For what reasons can I contact SENDIASS at MAIN? How can this Service help me?
There are no set rules. You can contact the SENDIASS at MAIN for lots of different reasons. Even if we are unable to help you, we can put you in touch with someone who can!
- If you need help understanding and filling in forms and paperwork relating to education
- If you need the Special Educational Needs (SEN) process explaining
- If you would like more information about your child's specific learning difficulty
- If communication has broken down between you and your child's school
- If you want to appeal against any decision made about your child's education
- If you are a child or young person who wants information, advice or support about your own special educational needs, including problems at school that are not being resolved with your parents’ help
- If you want an Independent Supporter to help you navigate the system for Education, Health and Care Plans and assessments
In what ways will SENDIASS at MAIN provide help?
Telephone advice: 01642 608012
or get in touch by email: MAIN_SENDIASSMiddlesbrough@iammain.org.uk
or via our Facebook page: Sendiass Middlesbrough
You can contact SENDIASS at MAIN to discuss any concerns you may have regarding your child's special educational needs (or your own SEN if you are a child or young person). We can advise you on how schools and colleges work, who to talk to and what questions to ask. We can signpost to other agencies if necessary. If we don't have an answer straight away, we will get back to you.
You may prefer to discuss your concerns face to face. If so, we can meet you in your home, at your child's school, in our central Middlesbrough office, or another mutually convenient venue
When appropriate we can attend meetings or appointments with you. We can also contact school on your behalf, speak to the local education authority and help you write letters. If necessary, we can help you access more formal disagreement resolution and mediation services.
Who to contact
- Contact Name
- Helen Jaques
- 01642 608012
- Facebook - Middlesbrough SEND Information Advice and Support Service
- Parent Organisation
Where to go
16, High Force Road
Riverside Park Industrial Estate
- TS2 1RH
Time / Date Details
- When is it on
- Monday - Friday
- Local Offer Age Bands
19 - 25 Years
11 -16 Years
16 -19 Years
Pre-Birth - 5 Years
5 -11 Years