Volunteer young person's ambassador (SEND)
Are you a young person with SEND who wants to get involved, share your experiences and inspire other young people of Middlesbrough? This could be the opportunity for you!
The volunteer will be an expert by experience and will be able to contribute to service delivery and development work as a result.
- Be a champion for SEND
- Help other young people and their families by sharing your experiences
- Be a role model to others
- Help at events for young people and their families
- Come to meetings to share your opinions with professionals
- Help us to develop the services we offer to other young people
Experience and skills
- You must have experience of the education system for young people with special educational needs
- Be passionate about making a difference for others
- Be flexible and open to new experiences
- Be willing to learn and help others learn
- Be able to travel independently, or make your own travel arrangements
Flexible - the volunteer will be asked to attend meetings and events so hours will vary week to week. Advance notice will be given of the times they are needed.
- All volunteers are expected to demonstrate a commitment to the principles of equality of opportunity and fairness of treatment in relation to their volunteer role, and adhere to the council’s Volunteer Policy in carrying out their volunteer role
- All volunteers are expected to respect confidentiality, and the principles and practice of the Data Protection Act 1998
- All volunteers are required to comply with Health and Safety policies and legislation
If you're interested please complete the online expression of interest form.
Where a volunteer is disabled, Middlesbrough Council will make every reasonable effort to supply the necessary aids, equipment or adaptations to enable a volunteer to carry out their role.
Who to contact
- Contact Name
- Emma Cowley
- Contact Position
- Employment Pathways Co-ordinator
- SEND Ambassador page on Middlesbrough Council website
- Local Offer Age Bands
19 - 25 Years
26 years +
16 -19 Years