MAIN - Alternative Education
Alternative Education refers to learning and support offered outside of school that is deemed to be an intervention aimed at helping turn around pupils before they become totally disengaged with their education and will deliver appropriate educational progress.
Types of provision MAIN provides:
Full-time and part-time provision, revolving door packages provided with the aim of securing access to permanent placement at either special or mainstream school provision either through reintegration or transition to a new school, which delivers programmes aimed at preventing exclusion.
The provision is aimed at children and young people aged 5 - 18 years who may be
• At risk of exclusion from school
• Excluded from school on a fixed term basis
• At risk of disengaging from mainstream and special education
• Requiring additional support during a transfer between mainstream schools
• Requiring additional support during a transfer to a specialist provision
• Require alternative education provision to meet their educational entitlement, for instance in line with an Education, Health and Care Plan
• A Looked After Child with no school place
• Supporting children who are at risk of becoming or are CME
Transport to and from home and school can be provided.
Who to contact
- Full day £105; Full day with 1:1 support £135; Half day £60, Half day 1:1 £67.50 1:1 tutoring £22.50 per hour. Prices correct at time of print.