Sibs - For brothers and sisters of disabled children and adults
Sibs exists to support people who grow up with or have grown up with a disabled brother or sister. It is the only UK charity representing the needs of over half a million young siblings and over one and a half million adult siblings.
Sibs aims to enhance the lives of siblings by providing them with information and support, and by influencing service provision throughout the UK.
Sibs’ key areas of work currently are:
- To influence the identification and support of siblings in schools
- To get information about sibling support into the Local Offer of local authorities
- To provide direct support to young siblings through YoungSibs
- To educate parents and professionals on supporting siblings
- To increase self-identification by adult siblings
- To develop a UK wide network of adult sibling support groups
- To produce resources for adult siblings around managing care and support
Who to contact
- Contact Name
- SIBS website
- Scan to visit this website