- Welfare to Work, Training & Recruitment Services
- Many work experience placement options and reference on successful completion
- Careers support and advice for those not sure of career direction
- GCSE maths and English options including re-sits for those gaining grade D previously – and helping young people get the qualifications that employers look for
- Functional maths and English from entry level to L2
- City & Guilds accredited employability training
- ICT computer training/qualifications and up-skilling
- Free weekly bus travel valid 7 days per week throughout the Tees Valley area
- Job search/coaching and career aspiration support can be accessed on programme - very useful when young person vocationally uncertain
- Learner bursary often between £20 and £40 per week – subject to eligibility
- 'Care to Learn' may be available for young parents
- Roll on, roll off programme with weekly starts available
- Great support for confidence building in a warm and friendly environment
- APM are OFSTED graded 2 and Matrix accredited for high quality careers information, advice and guidance
Qualifications to level 1 in:
- Employability & Personal Development
Qualifications to level 2 in:
Contact APM Thorntree on 01642 755500 or Steve Lord on 07824 542029
Suitable for young people not in education, employment or training. Those on JSA or ESA WRAG are welcomed to apply.
Min 16 hours per week attendance, 36-40 week programme.
Who to contact
Where to go
84a College Rd
- TS3 9EP
Running from Thorntree, but young persons from throughout Tees Valley are welcomed, and travel costs are covered.
Time / Date Details
- When is it on
- Monday - Friday: 9.00am - 5.30pm
- Free. Rewards and potential bursary payable – subject to eligibility.
- Age Ranges
16-18 on start. Those not in education
employment and training. Learners can run into 19th year on programme.
- Other notes
3 days per week attendance between Monday - Friday: 9.00am - 4.00pm