What is a Day Nursery?
Day Nurseries provide:
- All day care for babies and children up to the age of 5.
- Are generally open from 8.00am - 6.00pm but some run from 7.00am - 7.00pm or longer.
- Are usually open all year round, except for weekends and bank holidays.
- There are all kinds of nurseries - some are run privately, others by the local authority, voluntary or community groups, schools, colleges or employers.
- Day Nurseries must follow the Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) which sets standards for the learning, development and care of your child from birth to 5 years old.
All Day Nurseries are registered and inspected by Ofsted - demonstrating the quality and standards of their care. Inspection reports can be viewed on the Ofsted website.
For more information on Day Nurseries registered in Middlesbrough contact the Family Information Service: Tel: 01642 354200
The Family Information Service aims to provide accurate, high quality, accessible and impartial information, advice and guidance on all registered and unregistered childcare facilities and other services currently available in your local area. Also Advice and guidance to develop and deliver out of school activities, including breakfast clubs and after school clubs.