Holmwood is a primary school for children with a wide range of special needs. Holmwood School specialises in educating children with autism, SEMH and learning difficulties. The pupils come from the whole of the Middlesbrough area and beyond which includes a wide social mix and an average ethnic representation. Holmwood School aims to provide an outstanding education for children with special needs.
Who to contact
Where to go
- Holmwood School
- TS4 3PT
Holmwood is a special school in Middlesbrough . It caters for children from reception age to the end of Year 6. It provides a nurturing educational provision for children with special needs. Holmwood School specialises in educating children with a wide range of additional needs.
- Local Offer Age Bands
- 5 -11 Years
- SEN Provision Type
Schools Extended Local Offer Response
- How does the setting/school/college know if children/young people need extra help and what should I do if I think my child/young person may have special educational needs?
- How will the curriculum be matched to my child's/young person's needs?
- What specialist services and expertise are avaliable at or accessed by the setting/school/college?
- What training have the staff supporting children and young people with SEND had? Are any being trained currently?
- How will the setting/school/college prepare and support my child/young person to join the setting/school/college or the next stage of education and life?
- How are the setting's/school's/college's resources allocated and matched to children's/young people's special educational needs?
- How is the decision made about what type and how much support my child/young person will receive?
- How are parents involved in the setting/school/college? How can I be involved?