Harbour - Middlesbrough Outreach
Harbour's Outreach Service provides telephone, one to one and group support for men and women who have or are living with domestic abuse.
The service seeks to improve the safety of clients and enable them to make informed choices about their future to improve their wellbeing. Where a client has children, their needs are also considered and support put into place where this is required.
Harbour's eligibility criteria are:
- The applicant must 16 years or older.
- The applicant must be either fleeing domestic violence, still living with domestic violence, or have experienced domestic violence in the past
- Where a person presents with complex needs, Harbour must believe that it can effectively support the person with the issues arising from the domestic violence
- The applicant should not present a risk to Harbour's employees
Harbour has worked for nearly 40 years to improve the quality of life for families and individuals experiencing domestic abuse. It operates across Middlesbrough, Stockton, Hartlepool, Durham, North Tyneside, Darlington and Redcar and Cleveland. It offers refuge services, adult and children's outreach, a sexual violence counselling programme, a male perpetrators programme, and the Freedom Programme. In addition to direct support, the organisation works to educate the wider community about the issues surrounding domestic abuse by providing training to statutory and voluntary agencies.
In Middlesbrough, Harbour offers a refuge service, children and adult outreach services, a perpetrator programme and the Freedom Programme.
Who to contact
Where to go
Time / Date Details
- When is it on
- Monday - Friday: 9.00am - 8.00pm
- Age Ranges
- 16+ years
- Referral Details
Contact Outreach South for more information and forms.