NEPACS Court Project
Support for Friends and Families of Defendants at Court
The project delivered by a team of trained volunteers, will support friends and families of defendants at court.
They provide support and comfort prior to and immediately after sentencing which can be a difficult and bewildering time for families.
It aims to give families:
- A greater understanding in early stages of prison sentence
- Reassurance and support to establish coping mechanisms
- Advice and information about next steps.
- The project offers a listening ear, a helping hand and friendly support.
- Visible presence in court
- Increase availability of written information and advice
The project is based within Teesside, Durham and Newcastle Crown Courts so cover a wide geographical area across Teesside, including Stockton, Hartlepool, Middlesbrough, Redcar and Cleveland .
Who to contact
Where to go
- Teesside Crown Court
- Age Ranges
- 16+ years
- Referral Details
Self referrals accepted. Referrals from external agencies can be arranged via telephone or email