New Directions (Youth Employment Initiative)
New Directions is a Tees Valley wide Youth Employment Iniative project which supports young people aged 15-29 years into employment, education and training.
Support that can be obtained from New Directions is as follows:
- 1-1 information, advice and support to meete individual needs
- Access to current job vacancies and help to apply for them
- Help with CVs, job searching and completing application forms
- Help with interview skills and preparation
- Support into Traineeships and Apprenticeships
- Access to training that will help you get the job you want
- Entreprise skills
- Confidence building, motivational and self marking skills
- Help with costs for childcare, DBS checks, work equipment, PPE, interview clothes, travel costs etc
New Directions is funded by Europen Social Fund and match funding
Who to contact
Where to go
- New Directions, Thirteen Group
2, Windward Way
- TS2 1QG
Thirteen Group's New Directions service are located at 2 Hudson Quay Middlesbrough and 11-12 Ramsgate Stockton TS18 2BS. Staff carry out support services in various community venues across Middlesbrough and Stockton. The service is free.
The team covers the Middlesbrough and Stockton localities (in partnership with Actes).
Other localities in the Tees Valley are covered by our partners: New College Durham, Coast and Country Housing and North Star Housing Group.
Time / Date Details
- When is it on
- Monday -Friday: 9.00am - 5.00pm. Out of hours support also takes placed based on customer needs.
- All services provided by New Directions to 15-29 year olds are free.
- Age Ranges
- 15 - 29 years
- Referral required
- Referral Details
Referrals should be made via telephone to 01642 947840 or via email to email@example.com. Both self referrals and referrals from partner organisations are accepted.