Middlesbrough Councils Alternative Provision Directory provides a list of organisations
providing educational placements, who have at least met the minimum standards set
within the Alternative Education tender specification, and agree to framework contractual obligations, both specification and contract available on request.
Alternative Education refers to learning and support offered primarily outside of school that is deemed to be an intervention aimed at helping ‘turn around pupils before they become disengaged with their education’ and will ‘deliver appropriate educational progress’.
Types of provision on this framework include:- full time provision, revolving door packages provided for a fixed period of time with the aim of securing access to mainstream provision either through reintegration or transition to a new school, part time provision and preventative programmes aimed at preventing exclusion.
The provision is aimed at children and young people:-
- At risk of exclusion from school; or
- Excluded from school on a fixed term basis; or
- At risk of disengaging from mainstream education and/;or
- Require additional support during a negotiated transfer between mainstream schools;
- Otherwise require alternative education provision to meet their educational entitlement, for instance in line with an Education, Health and Care Plan or is a Looked After Child with no school place.
To view the full document click on downloads on the right -
PLEASE NOTE, WE ARE AWARE THAT THIS DOCUMENT STATES UNTIL AUGUST 2018 - HOWEVER WE HAVE CONTACTED THE COMMISSIONERS WHO HAVE ADVISED THAT ALL PROVIDERS ARE CORRECT AND THIS DOCUMENT REMAINS LIVE (MARCH 2019).